That is the closest you will ever hear to me dropping the fbomb outside fantastic frustration and anger, by the way. |D
COMIC CON DAY ONE, in convenient bulleted format because I am just bushed right now.
- Costume, Jen, was frigging fantastic. I got a ton of compliments on it, even from people who have no idea who I was supposed to be. I also got stopped for quite a few pictures. That went well, even if the headband decided it didn't want to stay up and one of the straps on my leotard gave out. |D
- SPEAKING OF PICTURES. I am going to kill the next camera ninja I find. 8D I will totally pose for pictures, but taking them on the sly makes me want to take you out back and perform impromptu intestinal surgery with your camera as my only tool. Don't tempt me, jackass.
- For some reason, everyone's eyes went right to my hips while I wore this costume. I don't have a bloody clue why.
- THE LINE. FOR BADGES. WAS INSANE. I was standing in it with ormery
- we got there at about ten a.m. and got our badges just past noon. The thing even doubled back, so just when we thought we'd reached the end of the line, we turned a corner and just kept going. There were wails of agony (and some fantastic conversation once we got over that). I also managed to sunburn my shoulders. Good job, me. |D
- I FOUND THE MOST DISTURBING SHIRT EVER OMG. Of course, I now own it.
- The dealer's room/exhibition hall is like the size of a football field. HI, I'M HUGE, LOOK AT MY BOOTHS. There's a map of the sucker in the program guide, for which I am very grateful.
- I obviously need to arrive to panels more than thirty minutes before they start, or I am in for a world of hurt. I also need to bring more food.
- Professional writing panel wasn't really what I was looking for (it was more on fiction and selling your own stories and such than non, which is likely what I'm leaning towards) but it was absolutely hilarious and I did learn. I also got my question answered ("I can build worlds, but I can't create characters. Any tips?): Evidently I'm supposed to use pre-existing people (he used Sigourney Weaver as an example) and then Ctrl+F and change the names when I'm done. Um, with a few world tweaks, I could work a lot of the EBA fic I have planned into original (especially since I have to keep reminding myself what is and is not actual canon for that 'verse).
has a lot of fangirls. I keep forgetting she's net famous. |D
- I WENT TO VIDEO GAMES LIVE. HOLY DANG THAT CONCERT IS AMAZING. Full orchestral live version of One Winged Angel YES PLEASE. And does anybody remember this guy?
HE WAS THERE. HE WAS AMAZING. HOLY COW.
- Hey fullarmoredgg
, did you know they're programming the PC port of RE5 to be in 3D? It looks fantastic. 8D
IS COMING TOMORROW I AM SO EXCITED 8D
- Aside from "I might get a prinny hat tomorrow," I don't think I have anything more to say about Thursday's Comic Con.
I might get a prinny hat tomorrow.